Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

This is HUAJSAPATA!!!

September 3, 2012

Well guys, it's been a great few months here but...wait...what...?  I'm staying!  WOOOHHOOOO!  So that about wraps up how that went, I'm going for six months now in Huajsapata and I might just end here but we'll see how that ends up.  It's been a crazy cool week with Elder Condemarin's parents showing up to get him on Saturday.  It reminded me, all of it, as it has every time that I've 'killed' someone of why we are here, and what we are here to do.

We are here to help people that they might be able to feel the Spirit and know that the Lord love them, that they can make sacred covenants with him and receive the blessings that come with those.  That is why we are here, everything else is secondary.  Being able to do that is hard, it is work and sometimes it hurts, sometimes it is one of the hardest things a person will ever do knowing that one needs to get up and do it again day after day but the pure joy that we receive from doing it is unequaled.  It is like football (the kind with pads) every practice, many times the entire game one will find himself hurting beyond belief but it is that touchdown and the win that makes it all worth it.  That is how it is for us here, we work and we fight and we do all we can, just to have that one moment that we can say, 1) we have done all and 2) they have received what the Lord has for them.  Now with six more weeks here in Huajsapata (and now that my sector is going to be double it's size since Azoguine is going to close) I plan on doing just that.  Helping as many people as possible.  Maybe it won't be enough, maybe I'll only help a few but I will be able to say, as many have: have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith.

So, I think we'll now take some questions...


Any word on when you will be home?
---Nov. 27 is change day so...the 28th or 29th...somewhere around there... 

 
Do you have the same fast food restaurants in Cusco that we have here?
---No, just Bimbos and McDonalds...Bimbos being an okay McDonald's knockoff
 

Is it Cuzco or Cusco?  We see it spelled both ways...
---The correct way would be Cusco, it comes from the Quechua name, Qosqomanta.
 

Do you have Dr. Pepper down there and if so have you taught anyone about DP and peanuts? Do you miss it now?
---In Puno no but in Abancay we did and I never could do the peanut thing, they cost a TON here.  And yes, I really do miss my DP.


Can you really get a Canon 5D Mark II down there for a good price? Can you get the New 5D Mark III? if so what's is going for?
---I haven't checked for a long time but I suppose I could in the coming days...


Well that wraps it up till next week!

See yah!

--Elder Will Sowards

Huajsapata, Puno, Peru

 

No comments:

Post a Comment