Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Great Week

July 9, 2012

What's up everyone?!

This week has been great and I mean truly wonderful, now were to start...?

Tuesday we were in Cusco for the zone leader council and honestly it was probably one of the best experiences that I've had in my mission. President at one point began to talk about the difference between aptitude and attitude and in  those moments I came to a hard realization. In Huajsapata I hadn't exactly had the best attitude, though I was working I wasn't doing it for the right reasons nor the right way. I was working just to work not because I wanted to nor because it would help people. I was thinking of Huajsapata as a quasi-lost cause because of how small the ward is and how many inactives there are not as the potential that it is. Needless to say a change was in order. Elder Aldave and I talked after and when we got back on Wednesday things began to change.

On Thursday we found Wilson. He's a man about 30 years old with a wife and kid and is awesome! I remember the night before we had prayed for some help in finding new people and that day we found him, and in a bit of a way he found us too. As we were talking to him he told us that eight-years-ago he and his family listened to the missionaries for a bit but due to something (he didn't know what) they had never come back. He had learned about the commandments and since then has been following them the best he could. To me the part that well...he told us that the same night where we were praying to find new investigators he was praying to have the same feelings he had when the missionaries taught his family. The Lord blesses us, we just need to ask.

Since deciding to change our attitude toward the sector we have had a few more experiences like this. It's truly amazing how much of a change just a difference in that one simple thing can make.

Well, that about wraps it up. Till next week,

---Elder Will Sowards
Huajsapata, Puno, Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment