Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cusquenian Fall

Monday, March 19, 2012

Well, it's fall now and fall is HOTTTT like insanely hot.  Which really worries me because compared to Arizona heat this is nothing.  Real lucky that I'm getting back in November instead of July!

But, that isn't my topic for this week.  What is my topic...I'm not exactly sure.  It's my turn to send the numbers so I'm probably going to find myself running low on time here.  However, I'll see what I can't do.  Elder Delgado has a change which means that I'm going to have a new companion here, quite possibly I'll be training a new Zone Leader.

This week was somewhat...disappointing I suppose would be the word.  We were going to have three baptisms but due to a few unforseen difficulties we ended up having none.  But, that allowed for a very cool story to be told...

After the let down we ran into Ruben, who as it turns out lives here in Cusco but served in Colombia and baptised Elder Delgado's family in Barranquilla.  He invited us out to dinner and during our time with him we both, Elder Delgado and I, realized just how important the work we do here really is.  We'll never forget the highs nor the lows but through both we will be able to help people both in the field and at home.  We see these things everyday, but sometimes I think we don't really think about them till much later.  Something to apply to all of us, do we really pay attention to what we are doing or have recieved?  Maybe just take a few moments each day to do it, you might find it interesting, I know I have.

Next week I'm going to send an audio file so be ready!

Till then,

--Elder Will Sowards
Tullumayo, Cusco, Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment