Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Monday, December 19, 2011

I Have Run Out of titles

December 12, 2011



Hope everything is going well there on...well...if England is the other side of the Pond then I guess here I could say the other side of the Canal.  Well, that just doesn't sound as whitty as I'd like it to...oh well.  Anyways this week has been fairly interesting, and by interesting I mean service filled.


On Tuesday we went to a members bakery and helped him make bread, on Friday we helped remove all the grass from around a concrete soccer field and on Saturday we helped paint a house.  I honestly thought I was in an episode of some kind of combination of 'Wait Wait Don't Tell Me's' segment 'Not My Job' and 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition'.  And though that might sound negitive I don't mean it that way at all.  They were all really fun and aside from that great experiences...of which I will send photos when I can find a new card reader because my old one is still haning around somewhere in Abancay.  But from these we found a TON of new people to teach who really want tot listen to us.  I can honestly say that service is probably the best thing any single person can do for another.  The scriptures state:  when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.  And it is true, in those moments you can feel the Spirit stronger and feel a special love and connection the both the person you are helping the the people whom you are working with.


Anyways, I was going to right more but I can't get the audio file off for some reason but I'm going to leave it here.  Just want to take this moment to say a few words...okay a lot of words.  It is just awesome to be here working in PerĂº helping the people here.  Even if they don't want to listen to our message just to be here as a help and support for them is amazing.  I can honestly say that I love the people, that I love helping them in any way I can and that just to have these two years here is a great blessing.


Well, that about does it here.  Till next week,


--Elder Will Sowards

Santiago, Cusco, Peru

PS:  GO YOTES!

No comments:

Post a Comment