Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Monday, November 7, 2011

Lino and Audio

Hello All!



Once again, Elder Sowards is writing from a small internet cafe in Jiron Elias in Abancay and this week WITH AUDIO!  That seems almost creepily happy...whatever!  Anyways, I'm just going to jump right in.



On Friday we found ourselves contacting and ran into Lino.  Now, Lino seemed pretty cool about 25-years-old and fairly interested in what we had to say but didn't have time.  Well, as usual I went to give him a pamphlet and the only one that I could find was one of the Word of Wisdom.  Well, at first I thought 'There is NO way I am going to give him this.' but something told me 'Do IT!' to which I replied 'No' and felt to do it again.  On the third time I listened because if I have learned one thing during my realitivly short life it is that when the Spirit tell you to do something you DO IT because if you don't you will regret it for a very long time.



Saturday we came back to teach him and he let us inside.  Where we saw that he runs a bar.  We talked to him for a bit explaining what we teach and ourselves and he began to ask us about the Church and the Word of Wisdom.  In the end we committed him to a bautismal date.  It was so cool to see how the spirit worked us in helping him in what might have been his need in those moments.  He is such a cool guy and I really need to take a picture of the bar, because it looks AWESOME!  Well, more because it has shrunken heads than anything.



And well, I'm trying to get the audio to work, but it's not wanting to.  I'm thinking maybe it's a problem with my USB cable.  So this one is going to be short, next week I hope I'll finally have it working.  Sorry bout that peeps.



So, till next week.



---Elder Will Sowards

Patibamba, Abancay, Peru


No comments:

Post a Comment