Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Call to Peru

 So...as you derived from the last email, Will was sick.  I started to think about it and decided that I needed more information.  I called Salt lake and obtained the email address of the mission, as we had never received it.  I then sent the email below.  
 
Since I did not hear back as quickly as I expected to, I called Salt Lake again and got the mission phone number.  Luckily, I had a Verizon International card in my purse, so I called.  My first word were "Do you speak English?".  I figured I could get my on my espanol, if I needed to.  

Elder Whittaker said he did and proceeded to tell me that he had just answered my email as it came across my computer screen.  It made me feel much better to speak to someone---and I am sure Will was horrified that I called!!!

Wouldn't you call???

Vicki
 
 
Sister Sowards,
 
I was with your son this morning, actually, and everything is all right. He got sick in Abancay, but he is alright now. They brought him here to Cusco just to make sure everything is alright, and they haven’t found any problems with him. He has been staying with me this whole time, and he is just fine. Elder Sowards is a great kid, and has a great attitude about the mission. You have no need to worry. If you have any questions you can always contact me on this email address. Thanks for your care about Elder Sowards, and the Peru Cusco Mission.
 
Elder Whittaker
Secretario Ejecutivo
Mision Peru Cusco
TElf: 084-242521 cel: 984-503861 RPM: #623574
Sowards, Victoria
Actions
To:
M
 '1194372@ldschurch.org' 
Will
Monday, November 14, 2011 9:13 AM
I received an email from Will this morning stating that he has been ill.  I just wanted a little reassurance that he is OK.  When I hear he went by ambulance, scans, IVs…I begin to worry.  I know he is OK since he emailed me and asked about his iPod, but being a nurse, I think the worse!!!
 
Victoria R. Sowards, BSN,RN, CMPE
Clinical Site Manager
Valley ENT, PC

No comments:

Post a Comment