Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Week Too

So this week was a little bit less eventful than the last that was till Sunday.  Almost all week we were working our butts off trying to find new people and helping those we had to progress but when Sunday morning came around we only had one out of a possible 7 in the church.  We were both down a bit not knowing what we might have done wrong when a member family walked in with an uncle who had just moved to Abancay.  Samuel, 25, and awesome was introduced to us on Friday but we hadn't had the chance to visit him but he still came to church with his family.  It was such a blessing, and I'm still amazed it happened.
 
We are still teaching Osbid, whom I believe I already told you all about.  Anyways, he's progressing and will get baptised this week.
 
Elder Velarde is doing great and we are really getting things done here and helping the branch to progress.  I can honestly say I have never had this much fun and spiritual experiences during the mission.
 
And now to question time!
 
What the weather been like? Does is rain much?
--So far, not a lot but it will be coming in November.

Your in the Spring heading into summer right, what's Spring time like in the Andes?
--Well, here in Abancay HOT!

Have you eaten goat or guinea pig?
--Not yet, but we have plans!

Have you read all the standard works yet?
--No, I hit Isaiah realized that there is a lot in the Old Testament that wouldn't help me alot and left it there for now.  But I'm sure I will before I end, OT is all I have left.

Awesome!  So that about wraps this up.  Elder Boucher and I went to buy him some shoes so were kind of here alone now...Yes, why are you looking so intently at what I type...it's because I'm talking about you isn't it.  Anyways, I'm going to go now.  And GO YOTES!
 
---Elder Will Sowards
Patibamba, Abancay, Perú
 

No comments:

Post a Comment