Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Monday, October 10, 2011

Show Running

10/03/2011

So, I assume you all know that I love show running, whether it is running camera on a charity event or producing for the NUMBER 1 RADIO SHOW IN ARIZONA, Yeah that's to you Mac and the Cat, I just love it.  But, I prefer it when I have an option and don't find myself forced into it.  Which is exactly what happened on Saturday...

Anyways, so we show up at the church building at 10, expecting everything to be ready and well...nothing was.  Luckily I have a father that made me come with him to set up for General Conference even though I much would have prefered playing some Modern Warfare 2 (to which I might add all of you who are currently playing 3, YOU CAN FLY!).  So nothing is set up and we ended up waiting 15minutes till anyone showed up and they didn't know how to do anything.  See previous statement about my dad.

After about another 10minutes I had everything up and running and suddenly found myself with an unexpected task, showrunner in Abancay for the 181st Annual General Conference provided by my old boss Bonneville Communications.  But I'll get back to conference in a second.

So this is also change week, and I don't have a change but Elder Carbo does.  What this means?  Maybe I'll finally have a kid!

Now back to conference, and that was really Jack Keroac...or however you spell his name...There is nothing better for a missionary than conference...well success and having the Spirit but aside from those things nothing...well let's just say not much...Anyways back to my main point, CONFERENCE WAS AWESOME!  I loved every minute of it!  From start to finish, even though I missed some (and plan on fixing that) it was AWESOME!  A few favorite moments-

--Elder Holland's talk, which I like to call The Call to Arms
--President Monson's story about the 5dollar bill
--And Elder Bednar's talk which is something I have been saying since I read Teaching of the Prophet Joseph Smith

Well, that about wraps it up.  If you have questions, you know where to sent them.  And next week is probably going to be all questions because, well, change week doesn't leave a lot.  Till next week.

--Elder Will Sowards
Patibamba, Abancay, PerĂ¹


No comments:

Post a Comment