Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Blessing of the Blog!!!

When Will left for his  mission, we began this blog.  He was against it and told me and told me that I am only to blog what he says.  Every week, he sends his weekly email with the title for this week's post.  He then types (Start blog here) and he types what you see every week.  He then types (End blog here), after which he types whatever he needs to tell us individually.  

Mom's will boys(or girls) on missions try to read each the blogs to see what is happening with their kids.  There is a list serve wwwdsmissionarymoms.com, where many moms help each other with everything from getting the kids ready to go, overcoming our sadness at the kids leaving, sending packages the best way, and generally supporting each other.  One day, I looked at Will's blog for comments, and I read this about one of his posts:
 
It does actually concern me!! :) I am not sure who posts to this blog, but I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it. E. Sowards is so articulate and funny. My son E. Eggleston has never been very descriptive in his writings so I have relied on this blog to give me my "Peru fix". I hope to see E. Sowards when I visit Abancay in 3 weeks and I will give him a hug from his mother. What a ride it has been. 

This was from one of the mission moms.  I kind of forgot about this, until yesterday, when Debby signed off of  the mission mom' site, as they went to Peru to pick up her son.  I emailed her and asked if she was able to see Will.   Here is the response:

Yes I did!  What a cutie.  I also gave him a big hug.  for you and for me. (some missionaries were hesitant to hug me. Not your son though!!)   I think I told you I just love that you post his letters.  My son never really got into too much detail when he emailed us.  I have truly enjoyed his letters not only because he is just a good writer but because he tells details.  I will continue to read them.

I told your son how much I enjoyed his letters.  He said sometimes he doesn't know what to write.  I told him to just give details even if he thinks they are nothing.  They are sooo interesting to us back in the states.  He said he would.  :)  Your son was smiling and he seems to be doing well.  My son is jealous of him because I told my son that I loved his letters.  Of course it was all in fun.  My son really loves your son and said he enjoyed working in his zone.  Elder Sowards is a great missionary!!

take care Vicki,
Love,

Debby

So....no  matter where your son or daughter is, it is still a small world!!  This email made my day and year!!  I know we will see Will in a little over a year and I know that another mom has expressed my love to him through her hug!!  I hope this blog is that hug to other mom's!! Will loves to write, so it is me or us giving to you!!  Remember this blog, when one day he is the Pulitzer prize winner----he is a journalism major!!!


The use of the internet has allowed us to have such great communication with Will and those he comes in contact with.  I cannot imagine this journey without it!!  

Madre (AKA Vicki)

No comments:

Post a Comment