Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Friday, September 9, 2011

A New Format and Other News

(This post should have been put on the blog on August 30)
 
Well, maybe I've just gotten lazy but I've decided to change the format for this stuff because, well, the other was taking way too much time to get it done.  Anyways, allow me to begin by saying a few things...
 
1)  The Peruvian medical system is...well...how could I put this civilly?  I've experienced better care in the back woods from a Scout Manual.
2)  The foot is NOT broken!  The doc told me that I did some internal damage to tendons and muscles and what not and had I known at the time that it was damaged and rested it would all be normal but because I didn't I know just have to take it light and be careful so that I don't do lasting damage.  The doc said he would like to do an MRI but they didn't have one in Andahuylas and such a scan would run about 100-200soles and would probably show nothing more than what we already know.
 
So that was a huge relief.  Also, I did have a change and now am in Abancay!  It's kind of like Cusco, but smaller and tucked closer to the mountains.  As in everything has steps here.  EVERYTHING!  I'll send some pictures when I don't forget my SD card reader.
 
Also, we had on Saturday in Cusco our mission conference with everyone in the mish.  Elder Anderson of the 12 spoke to us, Elder Holmstrom of the Presidency of the 70 and Elder Uceda one of our Area 70's.  To say it was AWESOME would be a grand understatement.  They talked about the work in the area and how we could improve there, I think explaining it more might bore some people.
 
After that and the Change Meeting (where, well, we find out about the changes) we headed off here for Abancay.  My new comp is Elder Carbo from Ecuador and is pretty cool.  He has 15 months in the mish and knows the area and my district so I'm sure we are going to have a great change here.  To give you a better idea of what Abancay is like when I don't have a picture, think about the area around Lake Powell then put the area around Payson, AZ there.  That about does it.
 
And someone asked me if I felt the earthquake here in Perù.  To be entirely honest, I didn't even know that we had had one.
 
Well, that about does it here.  I have a cool comp, a cool district, a foot that needs to be cared for like a hungry angry baby and a new zone that is just awesome!  And a side note to whom it may concern, I am back with Elder Eggleston as me ZL!  He'll end this change but it's awesome to be back with him again.
 
I just realized that I'm using `'well,' 'so' and other stuff like that alot so I'm just going to end this before my lack of use of the English language begins to show any more.
 
Reporting from Abancay in Perù, this has been Elder Will Sowards
 
---

Email:  william.sowards@myldsmail.net

Snail Mail:
Elder Will Sowards
Jeron Ricardo Palm
Manzana A Lote 2 4to Piso
Urb. Santa Monica
Cusco, Perù
 

No comments:

Post a Comment