Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

And So It Ends....

So, guess who has two thumbs and a change?!  THIS GUY!  And guess where I’m going!

Wait for it…PUNO!  Yes, farther south and a bit colder, looks like at this rate I might be in Bolivia by the end of my mission.  But it’s going to be awesome, I was talking to Elder Eggleston, one of our zone leaders, he has been there a LOT of time and gave me the lowdown, I can’t wait to get down there.  But where exactly I will be going will have to wait till next week because I don’t even know yet.

Anyways, this week was fun and interesting, we ran into a few families one of which asked me to be their kid’s godfather which Elder Merkley later explained means cutting the kids hair for the first time when he has about three years then helping with expenses.  That made it a little less cool, but nonetheless we had only contacted them the day before.
Wilbur, our investigator with a baptismal date for this week and was going to baptize his family the next is going to be baptized next week.  He told us he really needed to ask forgiveness of one of his cousins and wouldn’t feel good about being baptized before doing it and we felt that it would be best.

Also, a side note.  One day in the latter parts of my mission when I don’t have a lot to say ask me about Norma and her son Tin-Tin.  ‘Nuff said on that for now.

Well, hey!  Look what time it is!  It’s question, its question time!  (Only those who have seen Flight of the Concords will get that, sorry.)

Are there any cool climbing / hiking areas that you have seen down there?
---There is a really sick looking mountain here near Juliaca and another near Cusco that would be pretty awesome to summit, but otherwise I really don’t know of much.

How is Alex doing? Do you ever get to help him at school?
---Fantastic especially after a box showed up from a loving mother with stuff for his wife and daughter.  It was so cool giving it to him, I felt like Santa Claus (or as it goes down here, Papa Noel, you can’t deny it’s more awesome).

How are the news papers down there? Can you ever write a article for then about the Church?
---That is an email all on its own.  But I don’t know, we might be able to.

How did you spend your 4th?
---Eating some awesome Chinese food, playing soccer and as usual going to the Cachina.

Well, till next week; Elder Sowards, reporting from Juliaca but soon from Puno.
Snail Mail:
Elder Will Sowards
Jeron Ricardo Palm
Manzana A Lote 2 4to Piso
Urb. Santa Monica
Cusco, Perù

No comments:

Post a Comment