Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And That's When I Realized.....

...just how AWESOME Lampa is.

To just jump right into the story, we were walking into a small store when as we entered we saw a woman cutting up sheep meat straight from the animal.  Elder Sanchez was a little freaked but in standard Me fashion started to talk to her about how she was cutting it, what she was going to use it for, and things like that.  After about five minutes I found myself cutting meat while wearing white shirt and tie.  Awesome, I would venture to say yes.  Evidence that I might be mildly insane, also a yes.

I'm sure, especially since it seems that way to me, this seems repetitive but Lampa is great a and I couldn't ask to be in a better place.  Yeah, at night it is so cold we bring out towels in so we aren't hypothermic getting out of the shower but with that exception it is the best.  There is a joke between Alex and I, that you don't know the world till you know Perù and you don't know Perù till you know Lampa so if you know Lampa you know the world.  Lame.  Very lame.  But I feel it's true, Lampa is just that awesome!

I don't really have a lot more to say especially after calling the family yesterday which was quite cool.  An hour to talk with them was great and the fears of being truncky afterward did not exactly pan out.  Anything else....not that I can think of.

Remember if you want to write me send the message to william.sowards@myldsmail.net or wsowards@gmail.com or by good old fashion snail mail at;

Elder Will Sowards
Jeron Ricardo Palm
Manzana A Lote 2 4to Piso
Urb. Santa Monica
Cusco, Perù

Till next week, this is Elder Will Sowards reporting from Lampa, Puno, Peru

Did I mention we are going paintballing as a zone today...and that this keyboard just stopped being able to use question marks

--Elder Will Sowards
Lampa, Puno, Peru

No comments:

Post a Comment