Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Monday, April 18, 2011

Chchchanges

Yesterday was the day we found out about changes and the verdict is…

--That I’m still in Lampa!
--Elder Condemarin is headed off to Cusco for a change to…we still don’t know.
--I have no idea who my new companion is.
--I might be senior companion or a trainer…again we don’t know but that is what Elder Whitton has told me.

So right now it’s all kind of up in the air.  Like the Coyotes in Playoffs!  Seriously guys!  Down two games?!  I will not accept that from 6,000 miles away!  Sorry for the diversion, but it needed to be said to at least a few people who would understand without me having to explain what hockey is.

This week we almost had three baptisms but didn’t because the parents didn’t want to give permission and one said he wasn’t prepared.  So Friday was a little tough but the reward came that night when we found two new families to teach with eight people having a baptismal date.  I just hope that we are able to help them out more.

And what do I mean by that?  Well we helped the family move some bricks down the street and up a set of stairs (which actually involved us throwing the bricks up the stairs) which was so awesome!  And there are pictures but they are with Elder Condemarin right now and he left for a second to help out with some district stuff so for next week.

And now time for questions, like WHY THE REDWINGS A SECOND SEASON IN A ROW? But more mission related and less annoyed.

Have you eaten guinea pig yet and if so how does it taste?
--I have yet to eat guinea pig but I hope to do so soon.

It should be fall there, what's the weather like transitioning from summer to fall?
--The nights right now are COLD but the days are mild to hot and it is only raining about once a week so all in all very nice.

Have you played any more soccer? Are you getting better at it?
--Yes, I’ve played some more soccer; no I have not gotten any better.

When you think in your head, do you think in Spanish or English?
--A mix of the two, but it’s becoming more Spanish all the time, speaking English is getting harder all the time.

When you have your personal prayers are they in English or Spanish?
--Spanish with occasionally some English, they the first thing we learned in the MTC was to pray in Spanish and to do it every time so it is very natural.

If you could have one type of food send down for to you from the states what would that be?
--Bar none, steak.  Because it does not exist here as far as I can tell.

Well, thank you for all your writing and support and as always feel free to write me at william.sowards@myldsmail.net or by snail mail at

Elder Will Sowards
Jeron Ricardo Palm
Manzana A Lote 2 4to Piso
Urb. Santa Monica
Cusco, Perù

I’m itching for some new and interesting questions so feel free to send them.  As well as jokes about the Detroit Redwings who as always are evil and must be destroyed at any cost.

Until next week, the only hockey fan in Lampa, Puno, Perù.

--Elder Will Sowards

No comments:

Post a Comment