Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Greetings from the City Without Stars!

Greetings from the City Without Stars!  It has been a great week and
let's go to me with the report...

Yeah...that sounded way cooler in my head...

Anyway I have a new companion Elder Willy Chavez from Independencia,
Lima, Perú and he is AWESOME!  He speaks no English but he is a great
missionary.  Most of the Latins don't know a lot about the Gospel,
they have read the Book of Mormon but that is about it.  Elder Chavez;
however, was a ward missionary before coming out and is fired up and
ready to go!  I just hope that every companion I have could be like
him.

What else...I picked up a Book of Mormon in Quechua (the native
language) and I'm going to see if I can't start figuring it out.
We've heard that pretty much everyone in Cusco speaks both so I figure
if I can just figure out how to do a door approach and bear my
testimony worst case scenario I can give the contact info of the
investigator to a native to teach them or something.

Last week we had a tour of Lima, I'll send pictures later with some
stories, I only have a little bit of time to write left so I'll leave
that for later.  But I will say this, the ability to barter in the
shops of Lima is AWESOME!

Hasta luego mis amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment