Called to the Peru Cusco Mission
Reports to the MTC November 17, 2010

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To the States We Bid Adeiu

A bit late in sending this off today but packing has taken up most of P-Day.  We leave for Peru tomorrow and making sure both suitcases are 50lbs or less and that my carry-on weighs no more than 17lbs has kept me pretty busy.  Hmm, what to say.  Most of last week was taken up by prep for leaving tomorrow; a meeting about health and safety in Peru (which as it turns out has not-as-bad water), a meeting about in-field language study and a Departure Devotional took up both class time and study time for those of us leaving.  However, we found out that probably around 30 other people are leaving for the Peru CCM (MTC en Espanol) on the same day.
 
Honestly it feels kind of strange to be leaving the country for two years, I'm not really nervous or anything about it but the thought that I won't be living in the United States is just...I guess ironically enough foreign.  To think that buildings would be waving a flag that isn't red, white and blue and that Independence Day will mean nothing more than July 4th and a really awesome movie just seems kind of odd.  But I'm sure that will change.
 
Well, I need to get back to getting ready to head off into the...well I guess Lima isn't exactly blue or a yonder...so let's go with wild mildly hazy coastal place...nah...I think Lima is probably a better way to put it.
 
Signing off with a mildly lame joke,
 
--Elder Will Sowards

No comments:

Post a Comment